There are so many different ways that you can help us raise awareness and funds to provide vital life saving equipment throughout Wales. Get involved with local community events, set up a fundraising group, take part in a sponsored activity or adventure. You can even organise or complete your own charity challenge!
You can help us save lives in Wales, one heart at a time.
Letting people know about your goal is always important, but raising awareness about the need for a lifesaving device, how it can help the community and how it can be used by anyone trained or not is invaluable. We have a number of resources for you to share with facts, figures and useful information including what to do in the event of a cardiac arrest.
We can provide you with collection tins or buckets - just let us know how many you require and where to post them to! In addition, for those that prefer to donate in private we have donation envelopes that can be filled out and posted back to us. When you have finished with your collecting tins and buckets we kindly ask that you contact us and we will arrange collection.
You could get your family, friends or work colleagues together to set up a fundraising group for Calon Hearts. You could hold traditional events such as quiz nights, bring and buy sales or film nights, the possibilities are endless. Check out some more of our fundraising ideas below!
Not only is this a great way of raising money for us but it is also a brilliant way of raising awareness for Calon Hearts and the lifesaving work that we do.
There is no limit on the size of your group so whether there are two of you or twenty we want to hear from you.
We want to help inspire you and to encourage creativity when planning your fundraising activities.
Here are a few ideas to help you get started:
◦ Dance-a-thons from Aerobics to Zumba, get those hearts beating and raising money.
◦ Car boot, Bring and Buy, and Jumble sales, recycle for charity.
◦ Clothes Swaps, Craft parties and Fashion Shows, swish swap sew and show.
◦ Bake a Cake, cake bake sales Coffee mornings, or Welsh Hearts themed Tea Parties.
◦ Sports events from football to mountain biking, get everyone involved with team challenges.
◦ Complete a personal Charity Challenge, as big or small as you can, for every heart counts.
◦Themed days & nights, Come dine in with me, or out on the town, dress up or down.
◦From quiz evenings to poker parties, have fun with friends and fundraise for good ends.
◦ Hold a pampering evening, relax, revitalise and raise funds to help keep Welsh Hearts beating.
◦ Get musical, busking, karaoke, Battle of the Bands, choir-athon or carol singing.
◦ Sportathons, jogathons, walkathons fun runs, and sponsored walks, keeping Welsh Hearts fit.
◦ Lose weight for charity, or create a communal caffeine curb, get sponsored to give up your vices like junk food, alcohol or smoking, get healthy and detox for a good cause.
◦ Take part in sponsored events such as sponsored silences, litter picking or nature walks.
Download a fundraising pack here
We can provide everything from digital posters, and pop-up stands or banners which are great for events and fundraisers. Let us know your requirements and we can provide some suitable options for you.
Below are some other resources such as our fundraising pack, sponsorship forms and empty belly posters free for you to download.
To request other materials such as Gift Aid Forms or donation envelopes, please contact us.
Whenever you take part in a challenge or adventure event for Calon Hearts, it’s always a great idea to ask your family and friends for sponsorship. It’s a great way to make them feel a part of what you are achieving and gives you great drive to train for and finish the event.
We’ve designed and supplied the following documents that you can print out and fill in with the details of your own event.
Click on the button below to download the form and you can print it out at home.
Collect sponsorship online
You can also set up your own online sponsorship page so you can collect sponsorship from friends and family you aren’t likely to see often, and let people know that you are collecting money for Calon Hearts on social media like Facebook and Twitter.