May - National Walking Month13 May 2019
Did you know May is National Walking Month? There’s no better time to make some changes to your every day routine to get you a little more active, your heart will thank you for it.
Research shows over 1 million Welsh people are 'physically inactive’. So come on Wales, let's get moving!
Why not join a walking or running club? Sponsored walks are a fantastic way to be more active and raise money for a good cause. You can choose whether to do something a bit more challenging if you like, for example a walk up Pen y Fan. Welsh Hearts will be doing this in June, so if you fancy joining us, you can sign up here
Or, you can take some smaller steps towards a healthier you
◦ Take the stairs instead of a lift
◦ Walk to the shops instead of driving there
◦ Walk to work or school if possible
◦ Use your lunch break to get outside and stretch your legs
◦ Get off a few bus stops before your destination when taking public transport
◦ Park your car a bit further and walk to the destination
You don’t need to walk for miles a day to improve your health. Research shows just 15 minutes a day of walking can:
◦ Help lower blood pressure
◦ Improve digestion,
◦ Reduces pain and enhances mobility
◦ Improves cognitive performance and mood.
So what are you waiting for? Lace up your walking shoes and get a bit more active this May ❤️Back to News